HEALTHY HAPPY MUMS — To cope with life, find your passion for yourself!
As mums one of the greatest gifts we can give our children is the tools to live a healthy, happy, and positive life and the best way of doing this? Is by living one, ourselves! ‘’Because: a healthy, happy mum means a healthy, happy home.’’
Let’s help you feel better as a busy multi-tasking mum.
Inspiring yourself to feel healthy AND happy, to feel attractive in motherhood, to have more energy, to get in your best shape ever, and most of all to feel really good.
Find motivation and inspiration for healthy eating, a healthy weight, getting active (and enjoying it too), reducing stress and drama in your life, living with the environment, the power of kindness and feeling calmer and healthier, and most of all happier in all parts of your life!
So, a bit about my life and how I achieve all of this…
It’s 2021 and I have twin 11yr olds,, run my own horse riding school which I started 15yrs ago when I was full-time working in a busy corporate job as a workforce planning manager, now within my own business full time, managing our household, and maintaining my fitness and love of my sport.
I can smile and laugh throughout the day and follow my passions — HOW?
I get up at 5.30 am, ride my horse, get home and rush around with breakfast, have a shower, get kids dressed and off to school, work work work with my riding school, do house & farm chores, pick up the kids, homework, and activities, dinner, showers, reading, get the kids to bed, breathe and wonder where the day went. Go to bed, read and fall asleep with the book in hand — sound familiar?
Life is busy for everyone and I don’t think it really slows down, it’s really just how we decide to manage it that counts and how we treat others. For one it doesn’t do anyone any good to dwell on the past and it’s all about making the most of today and your future. BUT you do have to do some things so that the burden of doing everything in life does not pull you down.
You always have to look on the bright side or look for something to be thankful for (even as simple as having the luxury of food to eat and a roof over your head), so the negatives in life don’t take over your thoughts. I love my husband and he is my rock. I love my twins with all my heart and they need me strong to give them my love and inspiration to grow up through life happy and healthy.
Our Twin’s start to life was a scary one, born 3 months early at just 25wks just 560g, I was crying every day, the fight to keep them alive, expressing for 3 months, and coping with their health issues has driven me to make sure I have the freedom to spend time with my kids.
Running my horse riding school and keeping it alive while we did not live at home for those 3 months was tough. Nothing else mattered except our twins for 3 months and having good friends, good staff, and family really counts. The good ole saying “what comes around goes around”, is so true. You should never give expect the return and just by being the best person you can be to yourself and to others reaps you more rewards than you could ever imagine. We struck gold in our twins choosing to fight for their life and pull through as healthy happy children, and our friends, staff, and family keeping the rest of our life going was a gift from heaven.
The challenging life with twins and premi health problems, then falling pregnant again 7yrs later and having a miscarriage at 11wks can take its toll on your body and your mind.
Life today relies on a few key items:
- Good nutrition (vitamins, fruit, and veg) and most of all breakfast. Protein bars and turmeric bars are my batteries to keep going and be in top health throughout the day.
- Routines and organized shopping (online can be a savior sometimes and routines are my weakest)
- Support of my parents and husband. What can I say in all relationships we have to work at it and there is give and take in everything. There are always two people to make things good or bad, my husband gives me the time out to work my horse, play sport and remain fit which I am very grateful for (because ladies if you want to do something to look great for your partner, get them to help you!!)
- Utilize your friends and family (we love grandparents!) to give yourself time out for a bit of personal pleasure whether that means just running around town getting all your chores done at once so you can tick off that very stressful ever-increasing list of things to do OR take the time to go for a peaceful coffee or better still a massage.
- Do something that gives you the ability to let your emotions out — sport is BRILLIANT or just having that one friend you can tell everything to or an animal that will listen to you and agree with everything you say. I am very competitive in the sport of polocrosse and love to always aim for state level after playing for 35yrs.
Our twins are really happy kids and their smile just wipes any sad or stressful feeling away. Becoming a mother was the best thing that has happened to me in life. But if you don’t have kids around, definitely have animals.
I would love to help parents so much more, coping with twins, no sleep issues, and coping with premature babies to pull through to be happy and positive.
I started my horse riding school business to be a stay-at-home mum and to have a business that would support my family and hobby lifestyle. My passion is horses and I love to teach and coach people and give people a unique stress-free, sense of freedom activity.
My goal in life is to eventually slow down a tad (wow to have the time to read!). But for now, I will continue to make the most of every day with great family and friends, smile as much as possible, and be thankful for my health, a roof over my head, and food to eat.
I want to thank my parents for helping me through life, my mum for giving me her time to help me manage life a bit easier and now lunch days are the best, my Dad for helping me keep horses in my life when I left home and still catching up at horse events and swapping horses and horse gear, and my husband who loves me and supports me to help follow my dreams of having our own horse property and building my dream business.
I am now dedicated to helping parents of young horse lovers, start their child on a safer horse journey with beginner education resources at the best horse riding lessons
If you want to get in touch with me anytime I would always love to chat with you.